Just got a commission from a really wonderful customer, to make a lion-costumed Sackboy. He sent me a few web shots and I thought it looked like something really fun to try. Took me a while to arrive at a method. I ended up basically needle felting all the parts, and then applying Koolaid dyed mohair (I used orange, cherry and grape) to his head for the mane. I could only find a 24 inch zipper in silver, but had to cut it down to 2 inches. He’s not finished yet…I plan to do some “sutures” on his wrists, and his hairdo isn’t done, and I’m sculpting a nose and eyes out of air-dry clay. Here is the beginning :

Litte big planet a (Large)

Litte big planet 003 (Large)

Advertisements